Do you have anything to sell or rent?
Sell your products and services online FOR FREE. It is easier than you think!Start Now!
Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
Humanity went through many industrial revolutions, first of all the first industrial revolution in the seventeenth century, where the transition from manual production in industries to production using steam energy, and the progress to the use of electric power through the revolution of information and communications until we reached the fourth industrial revolution. The latter relies on big data, artificial intelligence technologies and tools in several modern areas, most notably robotics, the Internet of Things, cities and smart installations, 3D printing, genetic engineering, security, military and other fields.
Artificial intelligence is one of the fastest growing areas and has important positive effects in many areas, most notably the various areas of security in its comprehensive concept and military operations. States have been interested in developing AI applications and uses in the security and military areas (intelligence gathering and analysis, logistics, electronic operations, command and control, cyberwarfare, etc.); This development has required some budgetary decisions, laws and legislation that support security decision-making and promote the adoption and support of the use of AI applications in the security and military fields. This article reviews what artificial intelligence is, its types, its advantages and disadvantages.
Definition of artificial intelligence
Artificial intelligence is part of computing science that focuses on creating intelligent machines and software. The purpose of artificial intelligence is to try to imitate human consciousness and perform tasks such as humans. In practice this means the ability or machine gun program to think and learn.
In general, the term artificial intelligence creates a machine or program that tries to simulate human consciousness. Artificial intelligence has become an important part of the technology industry. Artificial intelligence can be divided into two types as follows:
Type 1: ANI Artificial Narrow Intelligence
It is a form of artificial intelligence that performs only one task as in cases: smart speaker, self-driving cars, internet searches using artificial intelligence, artificial intelligence applications in the agricultural and industrial fields.
Type 2: AI = Artificial General Intelligence
That's the goal of building artificial intelligence, where you can do anything a human being can do, or maybe he's super-intelligent and does things beyond what any human being can do. Progress in this type is limited despite the tremendous rapid progress in the first "limited" type.
This type is the scope that holds the most hopes and fears of human beings, illogically. General artificial intelligence is the same kind that aspires to carry out limitless tasks, itself the kind that is undergoing limited slow progress, and to the extent that Dr. Andrew N.J. expects hundreds or thousands of years to achieve the required technological developments, so Dr. Andrew sees no justification whatsoever for the irrational fears of the arrival of evil intelligent robots, destroying human beings and replacing them on Earth as the cinematic works show.
Features of artificial intelligence
· AI is capable of doing a lot of work, with high capabilities and capabilities that benefit society in particular and the state at large.
· Accuracy in calculation: Because the decisions made by devices are based on previous data records and algorithms, this in itself is an achievement, because it is possible to solve complex problems that require difficult calculations, without any room for error.
· Making the right decisions: The total absence of machine feelings pushes them to be more effective because they are able to make the right decisions in a short period of time. The best example is its use in health care. Integrating ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE tools into the healthcare sector has improved the efficiency of treatments by reducing the risk of misdiagnosis.
· Working continuously unlike humans, the machine does not tire, even if it has to press for consecutive hours as its efficiency is not affected by any external factor and does not hinder continuous work.
Defects of artificial intelligence
· High implementation cost: When combining the cost of installation, maintenance and repair, ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE is a costly proposition.
· Humans return to laziness and can cause addiction and weaken human communication.
· Raises unemployment: Companies replace employees with artificial intelligence.
· Restricted work: AI devices are programmed to perform certain tasks based on their programming and thus lack of ideas to solve problems and think outside the box.